It’s that time of year again – the shops are filled with pink balloons, expensive chocolates and teddy bears. Yes, Valentine’s Day is looming. The team at Bighorn know there is only one place to be in the middle of February however and that is on the slopes, as conditions in Revelstoke are amazing. With heaps of fresh snow and bluebird skies, guests have been hitting the high alpine and loving the powder, views and awesome terrain.
The Bighorn Chef, Peter Hughes, can create a special Valentine’s menu for any love birds who want the best of both worlds: amazing heliskiing and romantic gastronomy. We’ve got a sneak preview of what he is planning, it sounds delicious even if you’re not feeling romantic! Perfect fuel for another day skiing the dream.
- Canapé and champagne party
- Truffled gougeres with dolcellate
- Oysters Kilpatrick grilled with Canadian Bacon and Worcestershire Sauce
- Teppanyaki Seared Scallops with Lemongrass and Ginger Infused Miso Broth
- Frasier River Sockeye Salmon served En Croute and Carved Table Side
- Chocolate Marquise Kisses with Gold Leaved Strawberry Crostilliant
For anyone who is thinking about taking the plunge and asking the big question this Valentines’s Day, Bighorn can now arrange heli weddings! Take off from the property’s private helipad, take your vows on top of a peak, enjoy a love ski and then fly back to Bighorn for an unforgettable wedding banquet.